New Student Enrollment - 2023-24 School Year
Parents beginning March 7, 2023 can use CCSD's new registration system to enroll all students Grades K-12 who will be new to CCSD for the 2023-24 School Year. You can access the new system online here. Guidance on using the new system is online here.
All 23 CCSD elementary schools have full-day kindergarten. Learn more about kindergarten in CCSD by checking out Ready to Learn: A Parent’s Guide to CCSD Kindergarten (Spanish version is here).
New Student Enrollment - 2022-23 School Year
Parents beginning March 7, 2023 can use CCSD's new registration system to enroll all students Grades K-12 who will enrolling into CCSD as a new student for the remainder of the 2022-23 School Year. Be sure to select the 2022-23 School Year when using the system. You can access the new system online here. Guidance on using the new system is online here.
Update Student Information: Express Gateway
The Express Gateway offers parents the ability to update most basic contact information for their child (including updates that will be used by ParentSquare) without having to contact the school or fill out more paper forms. The information that can be updated is listed below.
- Parent phone numbers (home, cell and work)
- Parent email address
- Application for Free/Reduced Price Lunch
- Student primary phone number
- Early Dismissal information updates
- Changes to Contacts 2 -10 including edits, deletions and additions
- Changes to receive emails (this must be "Yes" to enable ParentSquare account)
If you need to make a correction or change to your child's address, please contact the school. All student address changes require appropriate documentation before the change will be entered into our Aspen student information system. Early Dismissal details shown on Express Gateway are for review only. If a change is needed to your child’s Early Dismissal, this must be communicated in writing to the school in advance. Changes are not accepted for immediate use on an early dismissal day.
To access the Express Gateway, go to https://express.cherokeek12.net/. The Username field is the student’s local student ID, sometimes referred to as his or her “lunch number." The password is the student’s GTID, a 10-digit number assigned by the Georgia Department of Education. Both ID numbers are listed on report cards. If you don't have these numbers and need assistance, please contact the school, so they can provide the information to you.
After you use the Express Gateway to update your child’s information, an email notification will be sent to the primary contact. Information that was changed in Express Gateway will be attached to this email in a password protected file. To open and review these attached change forms, use the child’s GTID as the password.
Head Start Preschool Application
Additional Student Enrollment Forms
2022-23 Student Accident Insurance PDF Brochure - Spanish or link to online application at www.twlord.net/solicitud-de-inscripcion
Residency Affidavit for Parents, Guardians Considered as Occupant (PDF) English and Spanish
Residency Affidavit for Property Owners, Property Managers (PDF) English and Spanish
Student Health Information
- Students identified as having an active infestation of lice will be handled in a discreet and sensitive manner at all times.
- Any student identified with lice will be isolated from uninfested students. Attempts will be made to contact parents to pick up the child for immediate treatment.
- Parents will be informed that the child may not return to school until either:
- The child’s hair has been treated so that there are no longer lice or eggs(nits) present, or
- The parents provide a written statement from a physician or the Health Department verifying that the child is no longer contagious.
- All treated students will be rechecked upon their return, even if they present a letter of clearance. Obviously, if any live lice are found, the verification procedure will begin again.
- Parents who continue to send their children to school without following the prescribed treatment procedures or who fail to send their children back to school treated in a reasonable amount of time will be referred to the proper authorities. Children sent to school in violation of this guideline will be liable for prosecution for criminal trespass.
- En todo momento, se tratará con discreción y sensibilidad a los alumnos que estén sufriendo una infestación activa de piojos.
- Cuando se detecte a un alumno infestado con piojos, se lo separará de los otros alumnos. Se intentará contactar a los padres para que vengan a buscarlo y comience inmediatamente el tratamiento.
- Se informará a los padres que el alumno no podrá regresar a la escuela hasta que ocurra una de las siguientes dos alternativas:
- El cabello del niño ha sido tratado y ya no tiene liendres, ó
- Los padres proveen una declaración escrita por un médico o el Departamento de Salud, en la que se verifica que el niño ya no puede contagiar.
- Todos los alumnos tratados serán revisados nuevamente al regresar a la escuela, aún si presentan la nota con el visto bueno. Obviamente, si se encuentran liendres vivas, el procedimiento de verificación comenzará otra vez.
- Los padres que continúen enviando a sus hijos a la escuela sin seguir los procedimientos de tratamiento prescriptos, o que envíen a sus hijos antes de haberlos tratado por un tiempo razonable, serán remitidos a las autoridades competentes. Los alumnos que sean enviados a la escuela, en infracción de esta norma, estarán expuestos a un proceso judicial por ingreso ilegal a la propiedad.
School Choice/Reassignment Feb. 1-March 1
Includes CCSD STEM, STEAM and Fine Arts Academies
School Reassignment for 2023-24 has now closed. Only hardship applications can be considered.
READ THIS FIRST - Guidelines Student Reassignment 2023-24 School Year and in Spanish here
The USDA has not extended grant funding to allow for CCSD School Nutrition to provide breakfasts and lunches to students at no cost to students and their families for the 2022-23 school year. CCSD will return to providing meals at no cost or reduced cost only to families who qualify based on income. The online application for Free and Reduced Meals in Cherokee County School District is now open.
Other Enrollment Information
2022-23 Monthly (1) Enrollment Report: 41,856 students
Monthly Attendance Report: 94.3% (January)
Athletics and Extra-Curricular Activities
Parents/Guardians of students interested in part-time enrollment for participation in grades 6-12 extracurricular activities shall submit the following documents to the Office of School Operations via email to Tonya.Sebring@cherokeek12.net:
- SY2022-23 Home Study Part-time Enrollment Acknowledgement. This form must be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the first day of the semester in which the student will enroll in a qualifying course.
- A copy of the student’s most recent annual progress assessment report. Additionally, a transcript from the home study program is required if participating in a GHSA sport or activity. The transcript shall include the number of cumulative credits earned to date.
- A copy of the State of Georgia Home Study Program Declaration of Intent Form filed with the Georgia Department of Education.
High School Parking Permits: please contact your high school